Product DescriptionSleep better, live longer with the groundbreaking information and step-by-step program in this revolutionary book.
Healthful sleep has been empirically proven to be the single most important factor in predicting longevity, more influential than diet, exercise, or heredity. And yet we are a sleep-sick society, ignorant of the facts of sleep--and the price of sleep deprivation. In this groundbreaking book, based on decades of study on the frontiers of sleep science, Dr. William Dement, founder and director of the Stanford University Sleep Research Center, explains what happens when we sleep, when we don't, and how we can reclaim the most powerful--and underrated--health miracle of all.
Taking us on a fascinating tour of our sleeping body and mind, Dr. Dement reveals the price we have paid for ignoring sleep--an epidemic of heart disease, 33 percent of traffic-fatigue-related accidents, and immeasurable mental and psychological disadvantages. And he offers a hands-on prescription for vibrant good health and longevity, including...self-tests to determine how much sleep you really need...the role of prescription and over-the-counter sleeping aids...the latest research on how sleep affects the immune system...how to combat insomnia, snoring, and jet lag...plus information on sleep disorder clinics nationwide, Web sites, and more.
Taking readers on a fascinating tour of our sleeping body and mind,
Dr. William C. Dement reveals the price paid for ignoring sleep--an epidemic of heart disease, traffic-fatigue-related accidents (responsible for a full third of all traffic accidents), and immeasurable mental and psychological disadvantages. Offering a hands-on prescription for vibrant good health and longevity, THE PROMISE OF SLEEP includes self-tests to determine how much sleep you really need, full information on the role of prescription and over-the-counter sleeping aids, the latest research on how sleep affects the immune system, helpful methods for combating insomnia, snoring, and jet lag, plus information on sleep disorder clinics nationwide, sleep disorder Web sites, and more. -->
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Understanding Sleep and Dreaming
- The Interpretation of Dreams: The Complete and Definitive Text
- Food & Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best, Second Edition
- Birth in Four Cultures : A Crosscultural Investigation of Childbirth in Yucatan, Holland, Sweden, and the United States
- As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised As A Girl (P.S.)
- Dreamland: Adventures in the Strange Science of Sleep
- The Sleep Solution: Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
- SAY GOOD NIGHT TO INSOMNIA
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time
*If this is not the "The Promise of Sleep: A Pioneer in Sleep Medicine Explores the Vital Connection Between Health, Happ" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Oct 2, 2022 21:34 +08.