Product DescriptionThe facts are alarming: Medical errors kill more people each year than AIDS, breast cancer, or car accidents. A doctor’s relationship with pharmaceutical companies may influence his choice of drugs for you. The wrong key word on an insurance claim can deny you coverage. Through real life stories, including her own, and shrewd advice, CNN’s Elizabeth Cohen shows you how to become your own advocate and navigate the minefield of today’s health-care system. But there’s good news. Discover how to
• find a doctor who “gets” you and listens to you
• ask the right questions for the best treatment
• make the most out of a short office visit
• cut out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs
• harness the power of the Internet for medical issues
• fight back when claims are denied
Combining the personal stories of patients across America with crucial advice on receiving the best possible health care, this guide will enable you to confront an often confusing and perilous system—and come out ahead.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Take-Charge Patient: How You Can Get the Best Medical Care
- Hospital Stay Handbook: A Guide to Becoming a Patient Advocate for Your Loved Ones
- The Patient Advocate's Handbook 300 Questions And Answers To Help You Care For Your Loved One At The Hospital And At Home
- The Patient's Playbook: Find the "No-Mistake Zone"
- Patient Advocacy Matters: The Ultimate How-To Guide to Protect Your Health, Your Rights, Your Life and Your Loved Ones in Today's Era of Modern Healthcare (Patient Advocacy Series Volume)
- YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment
- When Doctors Don't Listen
- How to Be a Patient: The Essential Guide to Navigating the World of Modern Medicine
- The Patient's Checklist: 10 Simple Hospital Checklists to Keep you Safe, Sane & Organized
- Consumer Health: Making Informed Decisions
*If this is not the "The Empowered Patient: How to Get the Right Diagnosis, Buy the Cheapest Drugs, Beat Your Insurance C" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Oct 20, 2020 22:45 PST.