For generations of practitioners, the Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry has been and is the "gold standard" guide to consultation-liaison psychiatry and psychosomatic medicine. The fully updated 7th Edition, by Drs. Theodore A. Stern, Oliver Freudenreich, Felicia A. Smith, Gregory L. Fricchione, and Jerrold F. Rosenbaum, provides an authoritative, easy-to-understand review of the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of psychiatric problems experienced by adults and children with medical and surgical conditions.
Covers the psychological impact of chronic medical problems and life-threatening diseases, somatic symptom disorders, organ donors and recipients, pain, substance abuse, and polypharmacy, including a thorough review of drug actions and interactions, metabolism, and elimination.
- Features DSM-5 updates throughout, as well as case studies in every chapter.
- Contains practical tips on how to implement the most current and effective pharmacological therapies as well as cognitive-behavioral approaches.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos (including video updates), glossary, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry
- Prescriber's Guide: Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology
- Kaufman's Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists (Major Problems in Neurology)
- Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications
- The American Psychiatric Association Publishing Textbook of Psychosomatic Medicine and Consultation-liaison Psychiatry
- The Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Residency Handbook of Psychiatry
- Psychiatry Test Preparation and Review Manual
- Psychiatric Interviewing: The Art of Understanding: A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other ... Professionals, with online video modules
- Kaplan and Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry (2 Volume Set)
- The Neuroscience of Clinical Psychiatry
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.