Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist: With General Pathology Introductions, 7th Edition, offers the most trusted general and oral pathology information that’s tailored to the specific role and responsibilities of the dental hygienist. Expert authors Ibsen and Phelan incorporate the ideal mix of clinical photographs, radiographs, and focused discussions to help you learn to properly identify, understand, evaluate, and document the appearance of normal and diseased states. Plus, robust learning features ― like case studies, synopsis tables, learning objectives, and a practice exam ― further reinforce the information you need to know to pass the national board exam and succeed as a dental hygienist.
- Tailored content focuses on the role of the dental hygienist in oral health care.
- Unparalleled art program features a wealth of high-quality radiographs and color clinical photos depicting oral pathologic conditions to help you clearly recognize normal and abnormal manifestations.
- NBDHE-style review questions are included in each chapter.
- Pathology synopsis charts provide at-a-glance summaries to help you digest the most critical information for each lesion, disease, or condition.
- Vocabulary resources include key term listings with definitions and phonetic pronunciations, highlighted terms in text, and a back-of-book glossary for handy reference.
- Online resources on the companion website enhance the learning experience.
- NEW! Chapter on orofacial pain includes content on burning mouth and tongue syndrome, Bell’s palsy, and trigeminal neuralgia, in addition to temporomandibular joint disorders.
- NEW! Emphasis on differential diagnosis promotes the critical thinking required in diagnostic situations.
- NEW! Content on dynamic topics ― including xerostomia, bisphosphonates, sprue, gluten sensitivity, and more ― summarizes the most cutting-edge, evidence-based dental practice.
- NEW! Clinical photographs include new images on hives; hand, foot, and mouth disease; and more, added to the already superior art program.
- REVISED and EXPANDED! NBDHE-style chapter review questions provide valuable study tools for classroom and board exams.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Color Atlas of Common Oral Diseases
- Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist
- Foundations of Periodontics for the Dental Hygienist
- Dental Public Health and Research (4th Edition)
- Clinical Aspects of Dental Materials: Theory, Practice, and Cases
- Darby’s Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene
- Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist
- Dental Materials: Clinical Applications for Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists
- Local Anesthesia for Dental Professionals (2nd Edition)
- Handbook of Local Anesthesia
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.