Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with guidance from the most trusted name in coding education! From bestselling author Carol J. Buck, Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition is a practical, easy-to-use resource that shows you exactly how to code using all current coding sets. Practice exercises follow each ‘step’ of information to reinforce your understanding of important concepts. In-depth coverage includes reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding, with an Evolve website that includes 30-day access to TruCode® Encoder Essentials. No other text so thoroughly covers all coding sets in one source!
- 30-day access to TruCode® Encoder Essentials and practice exercises on the Evolve companion website provide additional practice and help you understand how to utilize an encoder product.
- A step-by-step approach makes it easier to build skills and remember the material.
- Over 475 illustrations include medical procedures and conditions to help you understand the services being coded.
- Real-world coding reports (cleared of any confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Dual coding includes answers for both ICD-10 and ICD-9 for every exercise, chapter review, and workbook question to help you ease into the full use of ICD-10.
- Exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce coding rules and concepts, and emphasize key information.
- From the Trenches, Coding Shots, Stop!, Caution!, Check This Out!, and CMS Rules boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Four coding-question variations develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills, including one-code or multiple-code answers.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes allow you to read the official wording for inpatient and outpatient coding alongside in-text explanations.
- Coders’ Index makes it easy to quickly locate specific codes.
- Appendix with sample Electronic Health Record screenshots provides examples similar to the EHRs you will encounter in the workplace.
- Online practice activities on Evolve include questions such as multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and coding reports.
- A workbook corresponds to the textbook and offers review and practice with more than 1,200 theory, practical, and report exercises (odd-numbered answers provided in appendix) to reinforce your understanding of medical coding. Available separately.
- NEW! Separate HCPCS chapter expands coverage of the HCPCS code set.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- W B Saunders Co
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2017 Edition, 1e
- CPT 2016 Professional Edition (Current Procedural Terminology, Professional Ed. (Spiral)) (Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Professional)
- ICD-10-CM 2016: The Complete Official Draft Code Set (ICD-10-CM the Complete Official Codebook)
- HCPCS 2016 Level II Professional Edition (Hcpcs Level II (American Medical Assn))
- CPT 2017 Professional Edition (CPT/Current Procedural Terminology (Professional Edition))
- Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 14e
- 2016 HCPCS Level II Professional Edition, 1e
- ICD-10-CM 2017 The Complete Official Code Book (Icd-10-Cm the Complete Official Codebook)
- CPT 2016 Standard Edition (Cpt / Current Procedural Terminology (Standard Edition))
- 2016 ICD-10-CM Physician Professional Edition, 1e (AMA Physician ICD-10-CM (Spiral))
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2016 Edition, 1e" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.