Comprehensive Medical Assisting begins with Kinn! Elsevier’s 60th Anniversary edition of Kinn’s The Medical Assistant, 13th Edition provides you with real-world administrative and clinical skills that are essential to working in the modern medical office. An applied learning approach to the MA curriculum is threaded throughout each chapter to help you further develop the tactile and critical thinking skills necessary for working in today’s healthcare setting. Paired with our adaptive solutions, real –world simulations, EHR documentation and HESI remediation and assessment, you will learn the leading skills of modern administrative and clinical medical assisting in the classroom!
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding prepares you to use the ICD-10 coding system.
- Learning objectives listed in the same order as content makes it easy to review material.
- Clinical procedures integrated into the TOC give you a quick reference point.
- Professional behavior boxes provide guidelines on how to interact with patients, families, and coworkers.
- Patient education and legal and ethical issues are described in relation to the Medical Assistant's job.
- Applied approach to learning helps you use what you’ve learned in the clinical setting.
- Learning objectives and vocabulary with definitions highlight what’s important in each chapter.
- Critical thinking applications test your understanding of the content.
- Step-by-step procedures explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Rationales for each procedure clarify the need for each step and explains why it’s being performed.
- Portfolio builder helps you demonstrate your mastery of the material to potential employers.
- NEW! Chapter on The Health Record reviews how you’ll be working with a patient’s medical record.
- NEW! Chapter on Technology in the Medical Office introduces you to the role EHR technology plays in the medical office.
- NEW! Chapter on Competency-Based Education helps you understand how your mastery of the material will affect your ability to get a job.
- NEW! Clinical procedure videos helps you visualize and review key procedures.
- Study Guide, Access Code Elsevier Sim-Chart for the Medical Office
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual for Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13e
- Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office, 14e
- The Language of Medicine, 11e
- Workbook for Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office
- The Human Body in Health and Illness, 5e
- MA Notes: Medical Assistant's Pocket Guide
- SimChart for the Medical Office: Learning The Medical Office Workflow – 2017 Edition, 1e
- Law & Ethics for Health Professions
- Medical Language: Immerse Yourself (4th Edition)
- Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 7e
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13e" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.