Corresponding to Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 8th Edition, Physical Examination and Health Assessment Online simplifies assessment skills and makes learning easier with video clips, animations, interactive activities, and review questions. It also features self-paced learning modules with capstone case studies for each body system to help you understand and apply physical exam and health assessment principles and techniques. Developed by clinicians and educators Jane Ball, Joyce Dains, John Flynn, Barry Solomon, and Rosalyn Stewart, this online course is designed to work as an independent learning experience or as a complement to classroom lectures and clinicals.
- Self-paced learning modules walk you through an anatomy and physiology review, subjective data, objective data, documentation, and abnormal findings for each body system.
- Advanced Practice case studies allow you to experience client encounters in an office-like setting, covering advanced assessment techniques such as reviewing symptoms and systems, taking a supplemental history, performing a focused physical exam, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, and developing differential diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Capstone cases for each body system show the realities of practice and promote the application of assessment skills in simulated experiences.
- Video clips demonstrate how to conduct exams on patients of various ages, ethnicities, and genders.
- Multiple-choice review questions provide the opportunity for self-assessment, with rationales to reinforce understanding of essential content.
- Full-color photos with anatomic landmark overlays depict the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin.
- Animations show three-dimensional anatomic illustrations and physiologic processes, bringing important anatomic and physiologic processes to life.
- Audio clips play recorded heart, lung, and abdominal sounds, so you can hear and review real-life audio findings.
- Interactive activities allow a quick review of assessment techniques, terms, and findings, with exercises such as Listen & Select, Match It, Picture It, Think It Through, True or False, and more.
- Student checklists provide portable, quick reference to the main points of examinations for each body system.
- Audio glossary includes key physical exam and health assessment terms with audio pronunciations.
- Updated content reflects the latest research findings and evidence-based practice on techniques, normal and abnormal findings, and assessment of patients with specific abnormalities.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook, 8e (Mosbys Physical Examination Handbook)
- Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care, 5e
- Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology 6th edition (Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Series)
- Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 6e
- Student Laboratory Manual for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination - Revised Reprint, 8e
- Mosby's Pocket Guide to Pediatric Assessment (Nursing Pocket Guides)
- Ferri's Differential Diagnosis: A Practical Guide to the Differential Diagnosis of Symptoms, Signs, and Clinical Disorders, 2e (Ferri's Medical Solutions)
- Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas, 8th Ed
- Learning Radiology: Recognizing the Basics, 3e
- Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice: A Practical Approach
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Physical Examination and Health Assessment Online for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination (Access Code, and Textbook Package), 8e" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.