Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant, written and edited by Drs. Remington, Klein, Wilson, Nizet, and Maldonado, remains the definitive source of information in this field. The 8th edition of this authoritative reference provides the most up-to-date and complete guidance on infections found in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period in both premature and term infants. Special attention is given to the prevention and treatment of these diseases found in developing countries as well as the latest findings about new antimicrobial agents, gram-negative infections and their management, and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother. Nationally and internationally recognized in immunology and infectious diseases, new associate editors Nizet and Maldonado bring new insight and fresh perspective to the book.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based recommendations and expert guidance from world authorities.
- Locate key content easily and identify clinical conditions quickly thanks to a consistent, highly user-friendly format now featuring a full-color design with hundreds of illustrations, and fresh perspectives from six new authoritative chapter lead authors.
- Explore what’s changing in key areas such as:
- emerging problems and concepts in maternal, fetal, and neonatal infectious diseases
- anticipation and recognition of infections occurring in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period
- Stay on the cutting edge of your field with new and improved chapters including: obstetric factors associated with infections of the fetus and newborn infant; human milk; borella infections; tuberculosis; bordetella pertussis and other bordetella sp infections; herpes simplex; toxoplasmosis; pneumocystis and other less common fungal infections; and healthcare-associated infections in the nursery
- Keep up with the most relevant topics in fetal/neonatal infectious disease including new antimicrobial agents, gram- negative infections and their management, and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother.
- Overcome clinical challenges in developing countries where access to proper medical care is limited.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
Identify and treat infections with the latest evidence-based information on fighting life-threatening diseases in the fetus and newborn infants.
- Elsevier Science Health Science
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 2-Volume Set: Diseases of the Fetus and Infant (Current Therapy in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine)
- Creasy and Resnik's Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice
- Fanaroff and Martin's Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Diseases of the Fetus and Infant, 10e (Current Therapy in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine) - 2-Volume Set
- Avery's Diseases of the Newborn
- Neonatal Imaging
- Neonatal Cardiology, Third Edition
- Volpe's Neurology of the Newborn
- Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, 2-Volume Set
- Smith's Recognizable Patterns of Human Malformation: Expert Consult - Online and Print
- Assisted Ventilation of the Neonate: Evidence-Based Approach to Newborn Respiratory Care
*If this is not the "Remington and Klein's Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Oct 16, 2020 14:21 PST.