Provide competent and sensitive maternal and newborn nursing care with Clinical Companion for Maternity & Newborn Nursing, 2nd Edition! Ideal for quick reference in the clinical setting, this book offers the information you need on topics such as pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum care, and care of the newborn, including potential complications for each. Expert authors Dr. Shannon E. Perry, Kitty Cashion, Dr. Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, and Kathryn R. Alden stress the importance of safe nursing practice as outlined in the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative.
- Teaching for Self-Management boxes offer a guide to communicating follow-up care to patients and their families.
- Signs of Potential Complications boxes help you recognize the signs and symptoms of complications and provide immediate interventions.
- Procedure boxes offer easy-to-use, step-by-step instructions for maternity skills and procedures.
- Emergency boxes may be used for quick reference in critical situations.
- Nursing Alerts highlight critical information that must be considered when providing care.
- Medication Guides in an appendix provide a key reference for common drugs and their interactions.
- Updated content provides the most current practice guidelines, including expanded information on obesity, the late preterm infant, and fetal heart rate pattern identification.
- Safety Alerts highlight developing competencies related to safe nursing practice in conjunction with the QSEN initiative on quality and safety in nursing care.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference
- Public Health Science and Nursing Practice: Caring for Populations
- Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Nursing
- Pharmacology and the Nursing Process
- Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals (6th Edition)
- Evidence-Based Nursing: The Research Practice Connection
- Pediatric Nursing Care: Best Evidence-Based Practices
- Study Guide for Maternity & Women's Health Care (Maternity and Women's Health Care Study Guide)
- Maternity and Women's Health Care (Maternity & Women's Health Care)
- Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
*If this is not the "Clinical Companion for Maternity & Newborn Nursing" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 23, 2022 16:25 +08.