Product DescriptionMary Van Hook's Social Work Practice with Families is a useful guide to family therapy with a strengths-based perspective that focuses on families' vitality and capacity to thrive. The book explores resiliency as an empirically grounded framework with which to conduct assessments with families effectively. Van Hook presents a thorough discussion of contemporary treatment models, clearly demonstrating the importance of selecting appropriate treatments based on the specifics of each assessment. Using extensive case materials drawn from both the United States and Canada, this new edition explores the various factors associated with family resiliency in the context of diverse cultures, family structures, and difficult life events.
The new edition of this leading family practice text has been updated to reflect the changing nature of family therapy and the evolving needs of educators and practitioners alike. Van Hook has added valuable new information on the history of family therapy and the family life cycle, and has included sections on working with military families, families affected by substance abuse, and attachment issues. The text is firmly grounded in empirical literature on treatment models and the factors that influence resiliency in families in general, as well as in specific cultural groups, family structures, and in problem situations.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Neuroscience and Social Work Practice: The Missing Link
- Narrative Therapy: The Social Construction of Preferred Realities
- The Expanding Family Life Cycle: Individual, Family, and Social Perspectives
- Child and Family Practice: A Relational Perspective
- Theory & Practice in Clinical Social Work
- Object Relations Theory and Self Psychology in Social Work Practice
- Empowerment Series: Psychopathology: A Competency-based Assessment Model for Social Workers
- Clinical Social Work Practice: An Integrated Approach (5th Edition) (Advancing Core Competencies)
- Essential Psychotherapies, Third Edition: Theory and Practice
- Interviewing for Solutions (HSE 123 Interviewing Techniques)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Social Work Practice With Families, Second Edition: A Resiliency-Based Approach" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.