Product DescriptionMary Van Hook's Social Work Practice with Families is a useful guide to family therapy with a strengths-based perspective that focuses on families' vitality and capacity to thrive. The book explores resiliency as an empirically grounded framework with which to conduct assessments with families effectively. Van Hook presents a thorough discussion of contemporary treatment models, clearly demonstrating the importance of selecting appropriate treatments based on the specifics of each assessment. Using extensive case materials drawn from both the United States and Canada, this new edition explores the various factors associated with family resiliency in the context of diverse cultures, family structures, and difficult life events.
The new edition of this leading family practice text has been updated to reflect the changing nature of family therapy and the evolving needs of educators and practitioners alike. Van Hook has added valuable new information on the history of family therapy and the family life cycle, and has included sections on working with military families, families affected by substance abuse, and attachment issues. The text is firmly grounded in empirical literature on treatment models and the factors that influence resiliency in families in general, as well as in specific cultural groups, family structures, and in problem situations.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Narrative Therapy: The Social Construction of Preferred Realities
- Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: An Introduction to Family Social Work (SW 393R 3- Theories and Methods of Family Intervention)
- Neuroscience and Social Work Practice: The Missing Link
- Interviewing for Solutions (HSE 123 Interviewing Techniques)
- Essential Psychotherapies, Third Edition: Theory and Practice
- Counseling and Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents: Theory and Practice for School and Clinical Settings
- Dynamics and Skills of Group Counseling (SW 393R 26- Theories and Methods of Group Intervention)
- A Mutual-Aid Model for Social Work with Groups
- The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder, and More Compassionate
- Multicultural Social Work Practice: A Competency-Based Approach to Diversity and Social Justice
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Social Work Practice With Families, Second Edition: A Resiliency-Based Approach" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.