Product DescriptionAs the preventable disease and economic burden continues to mount for the United States and the world, it is becoming apparent that embracing prevention strategies is essential. Simply continuing on the same course and infrastructure will not suffice. The future we will leave our children is unsustainable without change.
Amidst all the partisan political chaos, Integrative Preventive Medicine (IPM) practices are strongly entering the public consciousness since many are dissatisfied with their traditional health (sick) care delivery systems and the scientific validity of IPM is increasing rapidly. This IPM textbook, the first of its kind, authored by nationally recognized thought leaders and edited by the 17th Surgeon General of the United States and the Canyon Ranch Medical Director will serve to bring together the science of IPM so that health practitioners have a ready reference containing practices that can prevent disease, decrease cost of care and improve the quality of life. Our IPM textbook is divided into three sections, Public Health and Evolving Science in IPM, Multidisciplinary Nature of IPM and The IPM Approach of Selected Clinical Problems, providing a continuum of IPM from basic science to clinical science to practical application. This depth and breadth of scientific information and comprehensive approach is a first for a single textbook in IPM. A must read for all health providers and students in order to incorporate these essential concepts into practice.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body
- The Mindful Twenty-Something: Life Skills to Handle Stress…and Everything Else
- Integrative Geriatric Medicine (Weil Integrative Medicine Library)
- Integrative Pain Management (Weil Integrative Medicine Library)
- Integrative Medicine
- Integrative Environmental Medicine (Weil Integrative Medicine Library)
- Integrative Women's Health (Weil Integrative Medicine Library)
- A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Integrative Preventive Medicine (Weil Integrative Medicine Library)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.