NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you will also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For 2- and 4-year college-level nursing courses that cover pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
Help readers think like maternal-newborn nurses
Accurate, readable, and up-to-date, Contemporary Maternal-Newborn Nursing presents pregnancy and childbirth as normal life processes with family members as co-participants in care. This text thoroughly illuminates all aspects of maternal-newborn nursing and many opportunities for nurses to make a difference in a changing healthcare environment. After introducing key concepts, it progresses through the steps of the nursing process, clearly delineating nurses' roles throughout pregnancy, labor, birth, the newborn period, and postpartum care. For each, it presents basic theory followed by chapters on assessment and care for essentially healthy women or infants, and then by complications and treatment. Recurring themes include evidence-based practice, critical thinking, clinical decision-making, community-based care, patient and family teaching, safety, cultural competence, complementary/alternative therapies, and health promotion. This edition's significant updates include revisions reflecting the latest recommendations of AACN Baccalaureate Essentials, QSEN, the Institute of Medicine (IOM), and Healthy People 2020.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Principles of Pediatric Nursing: Caring for Children (7th Edition)
- Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 10e
- Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
- Principles of Pediatric Nursing: Caring for Children (6th Edition)
- Psychiatric Nursing, 7e
- Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 10e
- Maternal and Newborn Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking (Davis's Q&a Success)
- Family Health Care Nursing: Theory, Practice, and Research
- Nursing for Wellness in Older Adults
- Davis Advantage for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Making Connections to Practice
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Contemporary Maternal-Newborn Nursing (9th Edition)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.