NOTE: Item does not contain access code along with it.
The proven guide to learning medical vocabulary–now offering even more opportunities to learn, practice, and connect up-to-date vocabulary with real healthcare clients and careers.
This comprehensive, proven text offers a logical, simple system for learning medical vocabulary primarily by building terms from word parts. Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals, 8/e first introduces medical terminology and its essential suffixes and prefixes; then guides students logically through each key body system, working from the outside in, and from simple systems to complex. Additional specialty chapters cover oncology, radiology/nuclear medicine, and more; this edition's mental health chapter is fully revised for DSM-5, published May 2013. Every chapter is built around a color-coded word list showing how word parts are built, pronounced, and defined. Most pages also contain vibrant images, including anatomically precise drawings, authentic medical photos, and engaging labeling activities. Updated throughout, this Eighth Edition’s new features include: Combining Forms tables with meanings; streamlined and improved discussions of anatomy; Rule Reminders; integrated Study and Review Exercise sections throughout each system chapter; new case study vignettes; Practical Application Exercises using modern EHR records; and many new images.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will help health professionals quickly master the modern terminology of healthcare, and master techniques for decoding any new term, in any area of healthcare, throughout their careers. Its key differentiators include:
- Intuitive "word parts" approach to building medical vocabulary: A step-by-step approach proven to build both mastery and confidence in students with a wide range of backgrounds and goals
- Innovative pedagogy, including extensive opportunities to deepen understanding through practice (both print and online): Provides everything from EHR-based application exercises to pronunciation guides and Spanish-language translators
- Broad coverage that goes far beyond many medical terminology books: Includes coverage of topics ranging from cancer to mental illness, anatomy and physiology to lifespan considerations, thereby preparing students to enter a wider spectrum of careers
Also available with MyMedicalTerminologyLab™
MyMedicalTerminologyLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. No matter their learning style, students will build a solid foundation of medical language through MyMedicalTerminologyLab’s interactive games, adaptive Dynamic Study Modules, and author-narrated lectures.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMedicalTerminologyLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyMedicalTerminologyLab , ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMedicalTerminologyLab, search for:
0133807703 / 9780133807707 Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals Plus NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133429547 / 9780133429541 Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals
- 0133447138 / 9780133447132 NEW MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Medical Assisting: Administrative and Clinical Procedures with Anatomy and Physiology, 5th Edition
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (Marieb, Human Anatomy & Physiology) Standalone Book
- Memmler's Structure and Function of the Human Body, SC
- The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy 2016 (Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy (Sanford))
- Physician Assistants: Policy and Practice
- The Medical Interview: Mastering Skills for Clinical Practice (Medical Interview)
- The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, Print + Online
- Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals (9th Edition)
- Career Success in Health Care: Professionalism in Action
- Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Medical Terminology for Health Care Professionals (8th Edition) (Rice, Medical Terminology)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.