Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The leading textbook of hospital medicine – completely updated to reflect today’s challenges
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Since its publication in 2012, Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Second Edition has become the field’s premier resource. Comprehensive, authoritative, and practical, this landmark text provides a solid grounding in clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine.
The Second Edition has been completely updated to reflect the evolving practice responsibilities of hospitalists. Examples include value-based medicine, expanded surgical content, bedside clinical reasoning, and a new segment devoted to rehabilitation and skilled nursing care. This edition also features a more accessible and streamlined full-color design enriched by more than 600 illustrations. Each clinical chapter opens with boxed Key Clinical Questions that are addressed in the text and summarized in hundreds of tables. Case studies demonstrate how to apply this information specifically to the management of hospitalized patients.
Representing the expertise of more than two hundred renowned contributors, Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Second Edition is logically divided into six sections:
• The Specialty of Hospital Medicine and Systems of Care
• Medical Consultation
• Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care
• The Approach to the Patient at the Bedside
• Diagnostic Testing and Procedures
• Clinical Conditions in the Inpatient Setting
Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Second Edition is essential reading for clinicians who strive to optimize inpatient care and sharpen their leadership skills.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Neinstein's Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care: A Practical Guide (Adolescent Health Care a Practical Guide)
- Marino's The ICU Book: Print + Ebook with Updates (ICU Book (Marino))
- Irwin & Rippe's Manual of Intensive Care Medicine
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Q&A Review
- Netter's Introduction to Clinical Procedures (Netter Clinical Science)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
- The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics Paperback
- Lange Critical Care
- Current Diagnosis and Treatment: Geriatrics 2E (Current Diagnosis & Treatment)
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2019
*If this is not the "Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Second Edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 13, 2021 16:34 PST.