The gold-standard text on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the elderly – completely updated with a new full-color presentation
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
The definitive treatise on the subject of geriatrics, this comprehensive text combines gerontology principles with clinical geriatrics, offering a uniquely holistic approach to this ever-expanding area of medicine. Written by some of the world’s most respected geriatricians, Hazzard’s Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition presents up-to-date, evidence-based information in a rich new full-color design. Unmatched as a textbook, this classic is also valuable to fellows in geriatric medicine.
Hazzards’s Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition is logically divided into five parts: Principles of Gerontology, Principles of Geriatrics, Geriatric Syndromes, Principles of Palliative Medicine, and Organ Systems and Diseases. Within its pages, you will find balanced, authoritative coverage of every essential topic – from evaluation and management to nutrition and palliative medicine.
Here’s why the Seventh Edition is the best edition ever:
• NEW full-color design with hundreds of color photographs
• NEW chapters: Quality of Care in Older Adults, Common Non-Pain Symptoms in Older Adults, Strategies of Effective Communication Around Advanced Illness, Palliative Medicine in the Continuum of Care Including Hospice, Coagulation Disorders, and Plasma Cell Disorders
• MORE chapters on Palliative Medicine
• NEW Learning Objectives and Key Points added to each chapter
• MORE tables, drawings, and clinical algorithms
• EVIDENCE-BASED through the use of the latest clinical practice guidelines , references to systemic reviews, and critically appraised topics
• UPDATED to reflect the most current clinical breakthroughs and advances for managing older adults in various settings
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2018, 57th Edition
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
- Geriatrics at Your Fingertips 2017
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2017 (Lange)
- Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures, 6e
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Second Edition
- Bright Futures: Guidelines Pocket Guide
- Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Chest X-rays for Medical Students
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Seventh Edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.