Turn to the field's definitive text for a thoroughunderstanding of the clinical and scientific aspects of pulmonary medicine
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Since 1980, Fishman's Pulmonary Diseases and Disorders has delivered unparalleled coverage of pulmonary medicine and the underlying basic and applied science upon which clinical practice is based. The Fifth Edition, with 270 contributing authors, includes over 2,000 illustrations, 60 videos, and 18,000 references. The book opens with a comprehensive overview of the scientific basis of lung function in health and disease. It then provides detailed coverage of the broad array of diseases and disorders affecting the respiratory system, including obstructive and restrictive diseases, pulmonary vascular disorders, sleep-disordered breathing, lung neoplasms,respiratory infections, and respiratory failure, among others.
The Fifth Edition has been completely updated to reflect the many advancements that have been made in pulmonary medicine over the past few years, including:
- Molecular development of the lung
- Stem cells and respiratory disease
- Genetics of pulmonary disease and the growth of personalized medicine
- Technical advances in lung transplantation
- Growth in immunology and immunosuppressive management
- Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Circadian rhythms and sleep biology
- Rapid evolution in lung imaging techniques, including functional imaging
- Contemporary interventional bronchoscopic techniques
You will also find state-of-the-art coverage of thelatest topics in critical care medicine, including:
- Early diagnosis and management of sepsis
- Multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS)
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Management of agitation and delirium in the ICU
- The newly defined entity of "chronic critical illness"
- Brand new, still in original plastic. Unused.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Murray & Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 6e (Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine)
- The Ventilator Book
- Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests
- Principles of Critical Care, 4th edition
- The Washington Manual Pulmonary Medicine Subspecialty Consult (The Washington Manual® Subspecialty Consult Series)
- West's Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials
- High-Resolution CT of the Lung
- Principles And Practice of Mechanical Ventilation, Third Edition (Tobin, Principles and Practice of Mechanical Ventilation)
- The Advanced Ventilator Book
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Fishman's Pulmonary Diseases and Disorders, 2-Volume Set, 5th edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.