Learn the diagnostic process in internal medicine with this engaging, case-based approach
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Symptom to Diagnosis teaches you an evidence-based, step-by-step process for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients based on their clinical complaints.By applying this process, you will be able to recognize specific diseases and prescribe the most effective therapy.
Each chapter addresses one common complaint and begins with a case and guidance on how to organize the differential diagnosis. As the case progresses, clinical reasoning is explained in detail. The differential diagnosis for that particular case is summarized in tables that highlight the clinical clues and important testsfor the leading diagnostic hypothesis and alternative diagnostic hypotheses. As the chapter progresses, the pertinent diseases are reviewed. Just as in real life, the case unfolds in a stepwise fashion as tests are performed and diagnoses are confirmed or refuted.
The third edition is enhanced by the addition of five new chapters--Bleeding Disorders, Dysuria, Hematuria, Hypotension, and Sore Throat--as well as a greater emphasis on how to master the process of working from patient level data (signs, symptoms, and laboratory tests). All chapters incorporate the latest research resulting in new and refined approaches to common symptomsencountered in clinical medicine.
- McGraw-Hill Medical
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Patient History: Evidence-Based Approach (Tierney, The Patient History)
- Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Guide to Clinical Documentation
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2017 (Lange)
- Ferri's Best Test: A Practical Guide to Clinical Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging, 3e (Ferri's Medical Solutions)
- DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination, Tenth Edition (Lange)
- Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 4e
- Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 6e
- Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice, Fourth Edition
- Essentials of Clinical Examination Handbook
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Symptom to Diagnosis An Evidence Based Guide, Third Edition (Lange Medical Books)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.