Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Gain a complete understanding of the functioning of the gastrointestinal system with this concise, engagingly written text
Gastrointestinal Physiology explains the operation and performance of one of the body's most crucial systems. Using clear, compelling language, the book's presentation makes it easy to absorb the content andintegrate it as you learn the physiology of other bodilysystems. Written to help you understand essential conceptsrather than merely memorize facts, this unique textexamines many medically relevant facets of this important body system, including anatomy, pathophysiology, andtherapeutics, in concert with physiological information.
- Provides a thorough review of core concepts and highlights clinical application
- Covers the physiologic principles needed to understand and treat patients with digestive and liver diseases
- Includes clinical examples that link basic science with the practice of medicine
- Incorporates new information on emerging topics such as the communication between the intestine and central nervous system that controls food intake, the myriad rolesnewly ascribed to the intestinal microbiota, contemporary approaches to therapy for a number of GI maladies, and the role of the gut in obesity
- Enhanced by valuable learning aids such as study questions, learning objectives, key concepts, numerous illustrations and charts, and recommended readings
- Used Book in Good Condition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Endocrine Physiology, Fourth Edition (Lange Physiology Series)
- Cardiovascular Physiology 8/E (Lange Medical Books)
- Vanders Renal Physiology, Eighth Edition (Lange Medical Books)
- Renal Physiology: Mosby Physiology Monograph Series (with Student Consult Online Access) (Mosby's Physiology Monograph)
- Pulmonary Physiology, Eighth Edition (Lange Physiology Series)
- Pulmonary Physiology, Ninth Edition
- Gastrointestinal Physiology: Mosby Physiology Monograph Series (With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access) (Mosby's Physiology Monograph)
- Pathophysiology of Heart Disease: A Collaborative Project of Medical Students and Faculty
- West's Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials
- Renal Pathophysiology (Point (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins))
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Gastrointestinal Physiology 2/E (Lange Medical Books)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.