Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
An extensive, in-depth look at public health and preventive medicine topics from experts in the field
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
This trusted one-stop resource is a completely up-to-date, all-in-one public health and preventive medicine guide. Sponsored by the Association of Teachers of Preventive Medicine and edited and written by well-respected authorities in the range of topics covered, Maxcy-Rosenau-Last Public Health and Preventive Medicine is also an outstanding guide to additional resources of information in preparing for the board exam in preventative medicine and public health.
The new edition of Maxcy-Rosenau-Last Public Health and Preventive Medicine has been completely updated to encompass many new diseases, conditions, and policy issues that continue to dramatically shape-and expand the influence of-public health and preventive medicine.
New to this Edition:
- Important coverage of new diseases, conditions, and policy issues, including critical lessons learned from the SARS epidemic, the most recent perspectives on monkey pox, plus an increased emphasis on West Nile Virus
- Restructured infectious and communicable disease section that reflects the emergence of many emerging and recrudescent conditions
- Greater focus on existing web-based resources for further reading
- New information on community-based participatory research
- Timely new chapter on bioterrorism and preparedness
- Additional insights on the amelioration of disease-producing lifestyles
- Research-enhancing lists and catalogs based on federal and other public access databases that are relevant to public health and prevention
- More streamlined coverage of chemical exposures and diseases overall
- Essentials of the public health service delivery infrastructure
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Methods in Epidemiologic Research
- Preventive Medicine and Public Health: Pretest Self-Assessment and Review (Pretest - Self-Assessment and Review Clinical Science Series)
- Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health
- Board Review in Preventive Medicine and Public Health
- Mayo Clinic Preventive Medicine and Public Health Board Review (Mayo Clinic Scientific Press)
- Control of Communicable Diseases Manual
- Landeman's Public Health Management of Disasters: The Practice Guide
- An Introduction to Medical Statistics
- Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, and Public Health: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access (Jekel's Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Preventive Medicine, Public Health)
*If this is not the "Maxey-Rosenau-Last Public Health and Preventive Medicine: Fifteenth Edition (Maxcy-rosenau-last)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 7, 2022 21:53 +08.